A low-maintenance business landscape is a landscape that business owners, employees, and patrons or clients will be able to enjoy without needing to fuss too much over. We have a number of top picks for low-maintenance and aesthetically pleasing plants to decorate your business landscape with, and our top 5 picks are:
- Quartz Rose Verbena – Quartz Rose Verbena is a beautiful annual that grows well in all hardiness zones, and as long as the soil is well-drained and the plant is placed in the sun, it will remain happy. All throughout the spring, summer, and into the fall, the Quartz Rose Verbena blooms with enthusiasm, so there are always a number of bright pink to red flowers to bring a pop of color to your business landscape. Perfect for groundcover, the plant grows to a size of up to 18 inches wide and 12 inches tall.
- Red Meidiland Rose – The Red Meidiland Rose is a bit different from your average rosebush, which can be somewhat difficult to maintain. This rose bush is fragrance-free, but boasts the same sort of singular red blooms framing small yellow centers, and is naturally disease resistant. The bush produces blooms year after year, and thrives in both South Carolina hardiness zones 7 and 8. When planted in the sun, the rose bush will continue to grow and sprout new blooms, only requiring end of season winter pruning each year.
- Archer’s Gold Lemon Thyme – Archer’s Gold Lemon Thyme is an easy to maintain and unique bush with its lemon-scented leaves. When placed along pathways or near entrances, passersby can catch the invigorating lemon scent, drawing them to the source and creating interest. The bush is a perennial, which also sprouts pink flowers amongst its yellow-green leaves in the summertime.
- Grey Owl Juniper – Grey Owl Juniper takes on a beautiful deep gray-green color, but in the winter turns a unique shade of purple. Placement of this plant can vary, as it handles everything from full sun to shade well, and in terms of soil only requires a well-drained area. Fertilization takes place in the spring, pruning in the winter, and the Grey Owl Juniper thrives throughout the year on its own.
- Endless Summer Hydrangea – The Endless Summer Hydrangea bush is covered in green flowers that turn pink in the summertime, it requires very little of soil and is tolerant to most soil conditions, only needs moderate moisture, can be planted in the sun or the shade, and goes dormant in the winter; basically, this is one of the most low-maintenance flowering bushes a business owner can ask for. However, if your business is located in a rural area, the Hydrangea bush can be very attractive to nearby deer.
Filling your business landscaping with vivid color pops and attractive plants doesn’t need to mean a whole lot of extra work or worry, and these low-maintenance options are as simple as they are beautiful.